- Q) HOW MUCH DOES THE ARMADA SOLUTION COST?
- A) The Armada Trackers consists of an upfront payment for the device and an ongoing monthly payment for the service.
- Q) HOW DOES ARMADA SECURE ITS DATA?
- A) Armada’s data is encrypted using SSL encryption similar to any major financial institutions. The customer defines who has access to their database and what they have access to within it. Armada employees can have access to databases for troubleshooting purposes only, and this is largely on the approval of the customer.
- Q) IS IT LEGAL TO CONNECT A THIRD-PARTY DEVICE TO THE VEHICLE OBD PORT?
- A) Yes, the OBDII port has been the standard way of connecting diagnostic tools to vehicles since 1996 in most countries.
- Q) WILL CONNECTING TO THE OBD PORT VOID MY VEHICLE WARRANTY WITH THE MANUFACTURER?
- A) In the US, the Moss Magnuson Warranty Act of 1975 specifically prohibits manufacturers from voiding the warranty due to aftermarket additions to the vehicle. Furthermore, Armada has spent considerable time ensuring that our products cannot cause harm to the vehicle.
- Q) WHAT IS OBD?
- A) OBD stands for on-board diagnostics, an automotive term that refers to a vehicle’s diagnostic and reporting capabilities. The OBD is a valuable tool for repair technicians, vehicle owners, and fleet managers, as it is used to monitor the health and performance of the vehicle engine and emissions system.
- Q) WHERE IS THE OBD PORT IN MY VEHICLE?
- A) The OBD port is generally within 3 feet of the steering wheel and does not require special tools to access. Normally, this port is located just under the dashboard and above the gas or brake pedal. It can normally be located by looking under the dashboard or running your hand along the bottom edge of the dashboard until you “bump” into the connector.
- Q) HOW DO FIRMWARE UPGRADES WORK?
- A) The firmware for all live devices is managed by Armada and the current release firmware is pushed over the air to the devices on a regular basis.
- Q) WHAT TYPE OF DEVICE IS NEEDED TO RUN THE SOFTWARE?
- A) The Armada software application is designed to run natively, in any device’s web browser. All that’s required is an active internet connection, and you can access it @ https://armatatel.com regardless of your location, computer/OS, or mobile device.
- Q) CAN I INSTALL IT MYSELF?
- A) The Armada V1 device installs easily in your vehicle by simply plugging in to your OBDII port. Depending on your vehicle, some larger commercial trucks may require an additional harness.